"I've stabbed him to death. I couldn't stop myself"

"I've stabbed him, I need the police, I need everything, he's attacked me as well."
That 999 call was the first indication that something was seriously wrong at the flat 'Clare and Robbo' shared in Dukinfield.
Neighbours had heard Clare McMahon and John Robinson rowing before, but hadn't seen things get violent.
Things became extremely violent on the night of May 23 this year, when McMahon, 35, stabbed her boyfriend John Robinson 30 times.
The death of Mr Robinson devastated the family who knew him as a funny, hardworking man with a 'heart of gold'.

And it left the jury in the subsequent trial with a huge decision over what and who to believe.
Was Clare McMahon a woman pushed to the edge of sanity by years of being bullied behind closed doors?
Or was it him who had lived in fear of her?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog