If I had Lost Free and Fair Election I Would have Congratulates the Winner: Atiku

 
Following the announcement made by the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Professor Mahmood Yakubu, declaring the President of Nigeria as the winner of the just concluded Presidential election, the Former Vice President of Nigeria rejected the election as presented by the INEC and called the result a sham.

"Consequently, I hereby reject the result of the February 23, 2019 sham election and will be challenging it in court." while also, assuring his millions of  supporters that he will contest the results of the election in court.

Atiku Abubakar who admitted to the media following calls for him to make the call to the winning candidate, said, he would of course have not shy away from the responsibility of accepting a defeat if the election was conducted in a free and fair manner.


"If I had lost in a free and fair election, I would have called the victor within seconds of my being aware of his victory to offer not just my congratulations, but my services to help unite Nigeria by being a bridge between the North and the South." Said the former vice president.

Atiku who believed that tremendous work has to be done in the country if the Nation is to be recognised as a democratic Nation by the International community further emphasized on the need to to fight for democracy in the country.

"I am a democrat and there are democratic avenues available to present the truth to the nation and the watching world. Already, many international observers have given their verdicts, which corroborate our observations. I am sure more will come in the coming hours and days. However, in my democratic struggles for the past three decades, I have never seen our democracy so debased as it was on Saturday, February 23, 2019."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog